Knowledge is power! But your knowledge is only as powerful as it is accessible and appropriately distributed throughout an organization. Thankfully, in this episode we are tackling the topic of knowledge management from top to bottom!
You may or may not have heard of knowledge management before, but as a concept, it’s been around for quite a while! We explore some of the more well-known and proven definitions of it and talk about the reality of how to manage knowledge within your teams and life.
This is a hefty one to cover, so notetaking is strongly encouraged! Don’t be shy– break out those notepads and journals and follow me as we dive into this transformational topic.
In this episode, we break down…
- What is knowledge management? We explore and evaluate different definitions from key industry players.
- How does knowledge management work? What does it do?
- The three types of knowledge– explicit, tacit, and implicit– and how to manage them each differently.
- The foundational components of making a knowledge management database.
- What a knowledge base is and how to create your own.
Key Quotes & Conclusions…
- “How can we make sure that we’re utilizing past projects, initiatives and programs in such a way that we can really look at the progression of it, take from the different components of it, build upon, learn from it, and create something fantastic?”
- “Knowledge management is about getting the right knowledge to the right person at the right time.”
- “People need information; it needs to be in a place in space where people can act on it and make decisions, get the work done, get back to clients, help other team members and people in their communities.”
- “This is not about replicating a particular person’s swag and how they’re able to go about doing this– there’s no way that you can duplicate that. But, if we’re talking about knowing just the right words to use within copy to attract and engage your audience, that is tacit knowledge.”
- “A knowledge base improves communication because you’re not trying to remember what needs to be said or recall information.”
WORK WITH ASHLEY:
Wanna Mastermind Together?
The Sprint with #AskAsh: https://me.volley.app/askash
Book me to speak at your conference, mastermind, or next event:
CONNECT WITH ASHLEY: