Who’s still working from home? The world was forever changed when COVID forced us all out of the office and into the home office. But every company, team and manager is different when it comes to ongoing work-from-home policy.
For today’s show, I invited Juan Alvarado back on the podcast to discuss what’s really driving the decisions around working from home. We get into all the details about how work from home is working, the considerations of managers and employees, and much more.
In this episode, we break down…
- What Juan has seen in the day and age of “return to the office, or not?”
- How remote teams are built and managed
- The root causes behind the “quiet quitting” trend
- How to truly get to know your staff and team members
- Creating and maintaining a true bond with you team remotely
Key Quotes & Conclusions…
- “Staff will go to work for a paycheck because it pays their bills, but they’ll stay because of the relationships that they have there.”
- “It’s OK to mess up. We need to make sure that we have the right people around you so that if you’re stuck, you feel comfortable enough to ask for assistance.”
- “Less than a third of people say that in the last 6 months they have been recognized, and for a majority of those people that have been recognized; it’s been from a co-worker”
- “In a world today where a lot of people get offended for every little thing, people are really careful about what they say. Sometimes when you’re too careful you’re going to screw up your message. Just come out and say what you need and what you want, but do it professionally.”
- “Connect with remote workers I would say 2-3 times a week, one of those times being about anything but work.”
Connect With Juan:
Juan Alvarado LinkedIn
Juan’s Personal Website
WORK WITH ASHLEY:
Wanna Mastermind Together?
The Sprint with #AskAsh: https://me.volley.app/askash
Book me to speak at your conference, mastermind, or next event:
CONNECT WITH ASHLEY: